12 October, 2010

Yogu Yogurt flavored drink

When I was a kid, Dave used to buy me these drinks every now and then that were flavored like fruit and yogurt. He used to buy me the ones that were flavored like honeydew melon, because melon is one of my favorite flavors for anything ever. Then the store he used to get them from closed and we couldn't find them anymore.
So, while perusing the Korean market the other day, I stumbled across Yogu yogurt flavored drinks and bust out into a grin. "Remember these?" I asked, showing them to Dave. For nostalgia reasons, I had to pick one up. They didn't have my beloved honeydew, though, so I had to settle for strawberry.

They're not as good as I remember them being, but few things in life are. I, for some reason, always found artificial strawberry flavor to be kind of nice, so the artificial flavor really didn't bother me. It was a lot sweeter than I remembered it being, though, and a look at the ingredients (which were in English - something I don't remember from when I was a kid. I remember them being in either Korean or Chinese.) told me that it has high fructose corn syurp, sugar, and sweetened condensed milk in it. Other than that, though, it did have a nice kind of tangy yogurt-y background flavor to it.

I probably won't buy this again, but it was nice to see something that I loved as a kid again and even better to get to taste it now that I've grown up a bit.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

I miss these things....
I used to work at a convenience store when drinks along these lines were flourishing. It was a golden time.

Unknown said...

Well, if you like asian food and you like the melon flavor, try the melon Daifuku.

Awesome!