17 January, 2008

Burger King Ketchup & Fries Potato Snack


I didn't really know what to expect when these things first showed up in the vending machines at work, but the initial five bags the vending company experimented with were gone in half a day, so I thought they might be interesting to try.

The teaser copy on the back of the bag calls the flavor a "mystical merge of ketchup, fries, and snack chips." For a more realistic comparison, think of a broad noodle made of dehydrated potato, dusted with a salty bright-red tomato-flavored powder. I have to admit I kind of like these, not so much for the ketchup flavor (which is a little vile) but for the delicious dried-potato flavor. That spudly taste so reminiscent of taters and plastics is why I like Pringles, Munchos, and Ore-Ida Potato Buds. There's just no accounting for taste, huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i had no idea these existed, but now i need to try them.